Farming Base (farmingbase.com) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This site also participates in other affiliate programs and is compensated for referring traffic and business to them.
Silkies are a beautiful, friendly breed of chicken with long, flowing feathers. A number of Chinese consumers prefer to eat chicken that is hormone- and antibiotic-free since it is that much healthier for you.
The Silkie Chicken has an unusual appearance because it’s not feathered like most chickens instead, they possess silky-looking plumage that gets its name from these characteristics.
Naming your silkie chicken is very easy because names in appearance cute, fluffy, or white are perfect for your breed. Here are some innovative ideas to pick.
Famous Silkie Chicken Names
Silkies are a type of chicken that can be found all over the world. These birds vary in size from large heritage breeds to bantam varieties, depending on where you live and what standards your particular region adheres to for classification purposes. However, some names are very common for them.
- Angora – Angora rabbits are a fluffy, furry breed of a giant rabbit. They’re known for their luxurious fur and Angoras come in just about any color under the sun.
- Bear – The bear is a furry, cuddly animal that loves nothing more than sleeping in your bed with you.
- Alpaca – Alpacas are fluffy animals. They’re found in the mountains of South America, and they have thick fur to keep them warm during colder temperatures.
- Baloo – Baloo is a furry friend who lives in the jungle with other animals. He has long black hair and bright orange shoes.
- Donald Duck – Donald Ducks are the most famous of all ducks. They’re fluffy, chirping happily to each other in their native language.
- Ewok – The Ewok is a furry little creature who can be found in the Star Wars universe.
- Foo-Foo – He is a perfect match for Miss Piggy. He’s always by her side and loves to go on long walks through the park.
- Gossamer – Gossamer is a weirdo with an orange complexion and long hair. He’s the mascot of Warner Bros Cartoons.
Silkie Chicken Names from other languages
You can name your chicken by getting ideas from other languages.
|Fur in the German Language
|Chicken in Samoan Language
|White in Italian
|Silky in Italian
|Silky in Portuguese
|Silky in the Catalan Language
|Fluffy in the Romanian language
Take some time to consider what physical features your chicken has that you like before settling on a name. Be careful when choosing a moniker if it is not catchy enough or does not reflect how you want your business to be perceived.
Silkie Names on the Base of Color
Naming chickens on the base of color is a great idea. Here are some ideas.
- Altoid – Altoid is a cool, refreshing mint.
- Blanc – White in the French Language
- Buffy – Buffy sounds giant cute cotton-like name
- Carnation – It is a brand of instant milk that has been around for over 100 years. They’re an iconic part of many childhood memories and can be found all across America.
- Cloudy – Great Fluffy naming idea
- Coconut – The Coconut is a juicy fruit that’s native to Asia. It has large spiky leaves and small white flowers with yellow stamen.
- Creamer – A creamy white color
- Raven – The raven is a blackbird with large blue eyes. Its feathers are very soft and it has the ability to fly at high speeds because of its powerful wing beats but can also glide when hunting prey or warning others about danger in their territory.
- Selkie – Selkies are a creature with the ability to turn into animals that live underwater. The seal-women of Gaelic legend.
- Starling – Starling is a blackbird with some white feathers on its wings. It has an upright posture and usually flies low to the ground.
- Smokey – As an idea from black smoke
- Bear – Idea from black color animal
- Marron – Word for brown in the German language
- Canela – Cinnamon in the Spanish language
- Bunni – A word for brown
- Aruna – Aruna is a name that signifies the reddish-brown color of earth.
- Arun – Arun can also mean red and brown but when combined with Indian culture’s obsession for gold (a golden hue), then we get something much more beautiful.
Pick some great ideas from above or pick from nature like looking at some fluffy animals or birds in the surroundings.