Farming Base (farmingbase.com) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This site also participates in other affiliate programs and is compensated for referring traffic and business to them.
Farming Base is well received by its audience. We may earn affiliate commissions if you purchase through our blog. Learn More
Cutting chicken breasts with the right tool is important to preserve all the nutrients. Knives may seem like the most straightforward item to buy, not anymore, as thousands of different knives are available today intended for a variety of tasks and purposes. A Wrong knife can tear the meat apart and you will end up losing all the precious juice.
If you are also on the lookout for the best knife to cut chicken breast, you will find some of the best options here to help cut raw meat, from butchering to trimming to prepping. So, read on to know more about the best knives to cut chicken breasts.
Best Knife To Cut Chicken Breast Reviews
- Best Overall: Kyocera Revolution 8″ Ceramic Chef’s Knife
- Best Handle: Huusk Viking Knives
- Lifetime Warranty: Mercer Culinary Granton Edge Chef’s Knife
- Durable: Zelite Infinity Boning Knife 6 Inch
- Unique Design: Mercer Culinary Granton Edge Slicer
- Multi-Purpose: PAUDIN N1 8 inch Kitchen Knife
- Value for Money: Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef’s Knife
1. Kyocera Revolution 8″ Ceramic Chef’s Knife
Kyocera Chef’s Knife is one of the best and top-rated chef knives for cutting raw meat and chicken breasts. The repetitive slicing is made easy with the ergonomic design. Cut chicken breasts into slices or stripes, the knife will oblige to your orders.
Material – It is an 8″ ceramic knife with a white blade, featuring an ergonomic handle with knuckle clearance for correct control. It is razor-sharp ten times more than many other similar options available in the market.
Blades – The ceramic blades are made of Kyocera’s proprietary zirconia material for outstanding performance. The blade material is manufactured in Japan for exceptional quality and beauty. Ultra-sharp blades maintain their edge 10x longer than steel blades.
Easy To Clean – This is one of the lightest knives available and can be easily cleaned. They are acid-resistant and rust-proof.
Application – It is suitable for cutting raw meat and can perform a wide range of cutting tasks from chopping, dicing to paper-thin slicing. It is perfect for slicing fruits, vegetables, and boneless meats.
- The knife’s sharpness is not affected by the heat or change in temperature
- Lightweight, versatile, and easy to clean
- Ultra-sharp ceramic blades
- Can withstand long-term use
- Not meant to be used on frozen and hard food items
- Chip easily
2. Huusk Viking Knives
This knife is slowly becoming popular among homeowners. It stands out for a lot of reasons and that’s why people are preferring it over others. It can cut raw meat, chicken breasts, and chop vegetables, and fruits. The Viking Knife is definitely a multi-tasker offering a wide range of cutting services.
Material – This handmade knife is forged from high carbon steel and high manganese steel. It is not made of the usual stainless steel, so, it will stay rust-free for longer. Features a 62 HRC of curved-blade meaning the slicing blade is hard and has exceptional edge retention.
Design – The Chef knife has an ergonomic design, curved handle, and integrated blade body. It has a 16K handmade mirror polishing to ensure that the knife remains anti-rust and anti-corrosion for long.
Non-Slip Handle – The handle is fixed with three stainless steel spikes for it to not fall off. The sharp boning knife offers a comfortable grip as the hole provides the right leverage. It also balances well on a knife block.
Multi-Purpose – Be it trimming brisket, skinning or breaking down a whole chicken, separating ribs from pork loin, or chopping vegetables, the knife does it all without any complaints.
- Curved handle makes it comfortable to use
- Stays sharp for long
- Large finger hole for a secure grip and exceptional control
- Scientific humanized design
- Poor edge-holding capabilities
3. Mercer Culinary 8-Inch Granton Edge Chef’s Knife
It is one of the best knives for cutting chicken breasts. Moreover, it is a best seller for the Asian Knife category. It is one of the most admired professional knives among culinary experts and chefs.
It is worthy of praise and admiration for a variety of reasons. The knife boasts exceptional quality in design, materials, and craftsmanship. It leaves no stones unturned in delivering precise cuts for chicken breasts.
Material – The chef knife is crafted from High carbon forged steel from Soligen, Germany. Stain-resistant x50 Cr Mo V15 material repels rust, corrosion, and discoloration for a prolonged period.
Handle – The NSF-certified Santoprene handle offers comfort, better control, and a secure grip. Features a full tang that runs along the entire handle’s length for superior balance.
Edge – The knife holds the edge for longer than most of its counterparts. Equipped with a Taper-ground edge for added stability, easy honing, long-lasting sharpness, and increased efficiency.
Widely Used – The Graton edge blade makes it easy to cut raw meat and chicken breasts. It prevents the meat from sticking to the blade by allowing airflow between meat and knife.
- The ergonomic handle comfortably sticks to the hand
- Versatile, slip-resistant, and hold its edge well
- Offers good balance and weight distribution
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Not dishwasher safe
- Large bolster
- Rusts after minimal use
4. Zelite Infinity Boning Knife 6 Inch
This knife is undoubtedly expensive but it offers value for money. It stands out from the rest for its Triple-Riveted rounded handle, high carbon stainless steel, non-stick blade, and exceptional packaging.
This boning knife is best for cutting raw chicken breast and poultry, as attested by many users. It is visually stunning and offers extreme performance.
Blade – The premium knife is made out of Imported Japanese AUS 10 Super Steel with 67-layer High Carbon Stainless Steel.
The blade features a minimum of 33-layers of high carbon stainless steel for corrosion resistance and edge retention properties. The non-stick blade design does not let the meat stick to the knife.
Handle – It features a triple-riveted rounded handle for a comfortable and secure grip. The handle resists moisture and heat and will not slide off your hand.
Durability – Constructed from high-quality material to make sure that it serves you for years. Tapered bolster and full forged tang add extra strength and durability.
Multi-Functional – This razor-sharp knife does a variety of cutting jobs like slicing tomato, carving brisket, trimming steak, filleting or skinning fish, removing bone from chicken, de-boning, and others.
- Ultra-sharp for optimal performance
- Manufactured from high-quality steel
- Non-slip, triple-riveted rounded handle
- Resistant to rust and corrosion
- Durable and versatile
- Not dishwasher safe
- Edge starts chipping after minimal use
5. Mercer Culinary M23011 Millennia 11-Inch Granton Edge Slicer
Another gem from Mercer Culinary, this chef knife is Amazon’s choice for “Meat Knife”. Most homeowners and professionals are using this knife for day-to-day chopping operations.
It has a unique design, quite different from the other knives available in the market. To get different slicing tasks done, this Granton Edge knife might be the right fit for you.
Material – The knife is made out of high-carbon, stain-resistant Japanese steel for extra strength, durability, and ease of use. The highest quality imported material allows easy blade maintenance and rapid sharpening for a razor-sharp edge.
Textured Fingers – The textured finger design makes it stand out from the rest. It is not there to just beautify the knife but also to provide slip resistance, grip, and safety.
Handle – The handle of the knife is worth mentioning because of its ergonomic style. The ultimate combination of Santoprene and polypropylene provide comfort and durability.
Use – Being one of the best meat knives, it is used to slice brisket, turkey, and raw chicken meat including chicken breasts.
- Ideal for a variety of fields in the cooking industry
- Long, thin, and well-balanced blade
- Lightweight and durable
- Unique design and ergonomic handle
- Blade dulls quickly
- Does not stay sharp for long
6. PAUDIN N1 8 inch Kitchen Knife
With this PAUDIN Knife in your hand, you will cut like a master chef. It is Amazon’s choice for PAUDIN knife and is admired by homeowners and professionals alike.
PAUDIN is a reliable, innovative home-life brand, and about 100,000 chief and home chefs love using the products made by it.
The premium German Steel Chef Knife will make chopping, slicing, mincing, and dicing of fruits, vegetables, and several meat varieties easy and within no time.
Ultra-Sharp – It is critical for a meat knife to be sharp. So, this knife has a 58 Rockwell hardness and only a 15-degree edge at the 0.25mm blade for prolonged sharpness. It is hand-polished by craftsmen to make sure it stays sharp for long.
Wood Handle – Designed with a beautiful, patterned wood handle that is soft and comfortable to use. The ergonomic design creates the perfect balance between the handle and the thin blade to ensure perfect grip and ease of movement.
Design – The knife is strikingly beautiful with a special waved pattern blade. The all-around cooking knife is made out of German steel 5Cr15MoV for durability and long life. The superb alloy maintains the original sharpness and prevents rust and dulling.
Multi-Purpose – The well-balanced and ergonomic design delivers effortless cuts of meats, fish, sushi, vegetables, and fruits.
- Money back policy
- Helpful in variety of kitchen tasks
- Made of German Stainless Steel
- 58 Rockwell hardness
- 2mm Knife thickness
- Well-balanced and beautiful knife
- Less grooved handle
- Does not made of hard steel
7. Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef’s Knife
This great all-rounder is preferred by home chefs and culinary experts alike. The professional line of knives by Victorinox is admired for its quality and versatility.
This Fibrox Pro Chef’s Knife is ideal for all the meat cutting needs. It provides efficiency and ease of use when slicing raw and cooked chicken breasts.
This Fibrox carving knife will give you the reason to enjoy cooking.
Material – The 8″ Fibrox Pro Chef’s Knife is crafted from high-quality, lightweight European steel. It is built to handle almost all kitchen cutting tasks. This Swiss-made carving knife with a straight edge is an essential tool for all home chefs.
Blades – It features a long, sloping curved blade to cut chicken breasts and other meat varieties. As suggested by the owner, the knife should be honed after every couple of use to keep it performing its best.
Handle – The Non-slip patented Fibrox Pro handle provides excellent grip irrespective of the hand size. A flat spine adds extra strength to slice hard-skinned food items. The handle is made out of thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) for slip resistance.
Application – The tapered stainless steel edge and laser tested blades easily chop, mince, slice, and dice a variety of food items and meat.
- Dishwasher safe (although hand wash recommended)
- 7.9 inches long knife
- Weighted and balanced for easier handling
- Approved by National Sanitary Foundation (NSF)
- Needs sharpening frequently
8. TUO Slicing Knife 12 inch
This slicing knife by TOU is the longest knife on the list. It is long and narrow, therefore, it produces less drag as it cuts through food items.
Be it cutting vegetables or meat, the knife will not disappoint. It will provide neat and precise cuts with its efficient design. Besides being sharp, it is good-looking with a beautiful handle instead of the old, plain black one.
Material – Crafted from German High-carbon Stainless steel, this knife can withstand most kitchen tasks for a long time. The steel is processed with high-tech vacuum heat treatment for improved performance, higher efficiency, and superior strength.
Handle – The full tang handle is manufactured with patent-pending high-density Pakkawood composite. It is more stable and sanitary than most wood handles.
Design – It features 9” of steel length with tiny grooves along the steel’s surface to straighten the edge. The ultra-sharp design can cut large portions of raw, cooked, or smoked meat, poultry, and fish efficiently.
Use – It can slice or cut compact and firm meat such as turkey breast, chicken breast, roasted beef, or ham. It can cut through different types of meat.
- Luxurious pakkawood handle
- Special-forged high-carbon stainless steel
- German stainless steel edge with HRC56±2 on the Rockwell Hardness Scale
- Nitrogen cryogenic tempering
- Develop rust after minimal use
- Thick Blade
Things to Consider When Buying A Knife To Cut Chicken Breasts
It is wise to know the requirements first then investing in a quality knife. So, keep in mind the following factors before buying a knife to cut chicken breasts.
- Type of Knife – Not all knives are meant or built to cut hard food items or meat varieties. Therefore, meat cleavers are only intended to chopping bones. Knives with straight and sharp edges are used for skinning.
- Blades – Flexibility is needed for clean, neat cuts to leave the juice inside without tearing. Too stiff blades are difficult to handle and tend to travel in the other direction. Whereas, stamped blades are lighter and more flexible.
- Length – Meat knives usually come in the range between 8 and 14 inches. Too short blades can not handle large cuts whereas too long knives can be quite awkward to use. As per the rule of length, the right blade length is as long as the biggest roast. An ideal length for a 4-pound roast would be a 10″ blade.
- Handle – Even though it is the most overlooked part of the knife, handles are quite critical when it comes to usage. Choose an ergonomic handle that provides a comfortable grip for long-term use.
Of all the options mentioned above, the winning knife would depend on your requirement. All of the listed knives have exceptional qualities, now it is up to you to decide which one fits your needs and budget.