Farming Base (farmingbase.com) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This site also participates in other affiliate programs and is compensated for referring traffic and business to them.
Peacock is the most beautiful and fancy bird. Depending on two famous types it has a green or blue color. They have a total of 3 types or species and two of them are from Asia. Congo peacock originated from the Congo region of Africa.
Naming your pet or farm peacock is very easy. Their color , type and body appearance make it easy to put unique selection. Rest cute names are perfect for peahens and badass names for peacock. Here you can find an idea for the selection of the name.
Famous Peacock Names
Peacocks are common in Asia and South Africa, that’s why only a few peafowl characters appeared in movies or cartoon characters. Naming your pet on these will keep the background in your mind. Like if a movie character was funny your name will make a funny appearance same for badass and strong names. Here are some famous peacock name ideas.
Praline – Only notable peacock appeared in any Disney character. He made his debut in blue ribbon bunny from Sofia the first series. Praline shimmer his tail. Like if you want to keep the background in mind, praline was a very proud fowl who loves to eat apples.
Tweety – A famous character from looney tunes and warner bros. Tweety is yellow in color but his name has nothing to do with the name. Tweety is a combination of two words, ‘’Sweet’’ and Tweet’’ where a tweet is from special sounds of birds called onomatopoeia.
Kevin – Kevin first time appeared in the Up series. She looks like a peahen with her giant body and feather colors. She was very confusing due to her gender confusion. Kevin has a strong personality and behaves hostile to everyone.
Mr Ping – Without Mr.ping Kung fu panda can not be complete. He was a supporting character in the whole movie. He has a noodle shop in the valley. Mr.ping has grey and white feathers and brown body color. His long neck makes him resemble a peacock.
Diablo – Diablo is basically not a peacock but a pet raven in a Disney film. She is a very loyal and honest raven in snow white and seven dwarfs. Diablo is a Unisex name and best for both peacock and peahen.
Lugia – Another Disney character name for peahen. Lugia is a creature between bird and dragon. He has a long neck and a smooth body with small scales. These scales protect him from attacks.
Hitchcock – This name is the inspiration from ‘’the birds of Hitchcock”.Hitchcock is a partial name from this movie title. Crows, seagulls and over 3200 birds appeared in this movie. The birds of Hitchcock is record-breaking with this number of birds.
Hedwig – A famous bird from the Harry Potter series. She was famous for her bravery, loyalty and struggle for the main character. Hedwig has a very interesting story behind her struggle.
Read about some Disney Rooster names
Funny Peacock Names
Adding fun to any pet name brings a unique idea. Body appearance and behaviour give us space to find a fun name. Some Disney characters, fun from nature, human names, and short extensions in actual names are really fun. Here are some funny names for peacocks.
- Uncle beak
- Dunkin butter beans
- Winston Churchill
- Blue Tona
- Sleeping beauty
- Marty Mcfly – A fictional character
- Quacker – A cartoon character
- Loud Mouth
- Chiquita – A famous US production brands
- Gerald – A pelican from Finding Nemo
- Two in the blue – Basically idea from famous horse ‘’Two in the pink’’ and blue for peacock
- Big bird
- Little packer
- Big red
- Errol – Gray owl from movie
- Angry bird
- Feather bluster
- Free bird
- Doodle doo
- Larry bird
- Peacock hook
- Banty Raids
- Kissing George
- Darkwing – A fictional duck character
- Donald – Another movie duck character
- Toucan Sam
- Dahlia – A beautiful flower type
Western Peacock Names
Giving western touch to name make it decent. Already discussed some Disney characters from history. There are few peacocks that appeared on screen, however, this combination of peacock western names will help you in selection.
- Audrey – A supportive role character from Home n the Range
- Carter – Famous unisex name
- Beep and Priscilla – A pair of chicks
- Monster Hocker
- Houston – A place in US
- Jubal pomp
- Billy ray
- Captain Akka – A female geese from Wonderful adventures of Nil
- Gustav – A female bird character
- Wyatt – A badass name for peafowl as it stands ‘’brave in war’’
- Broco – A Spanish origin western name meaning broken horse
- Maverick – English name meaning ‘’ independent
- Ring eye
- King nappy
- Wanted outlaw
Female Peacock Names
That term is a bit confusing as the female peacock is peahen and peacock. Female peahens are calm and gentle. In some types, their body size and color is different from male. Cute names are perfect for them.
- Feathers – From feather
- Whiskers – Idea from drink
- Grizzly – This name looks cute but Grizzly bear is very dangerous
- Darling – Show more love with this name
- Miss Money Penny
- Fiona – A fictional character appeared in famous movie Shrek
- Josephine – She was the second wife of Napoleon Bonaparte
- Phoebe – A western girl name
- Nala – Heroine in The lion king movie
- Aubrey – A french female name
- Talulla – Inspiration from a female movie character
- Paisley – An ornamental plan is a paisley
- Puffy girl
- Neo girl
- Tango – It is messaging application
Male Peacock Names
Male peacocks are actually peacocks, there is no female peacocks term, it is peahens. Male peacocks are badass and you can easily differentiate between them in Indian types. Here are some names for male peacocks.
- Woodstock – From peanuts
- Nigel – A funny bird character appeared in Finding Nemo who diagnose and solve the dental issue in this Disney series.
- Skye – Best for blue
- Captain – Badass and tough name
- Puff Daddy – A catchy name with both characteristics of selection
- The claw
- Zazu – One of the main character from The lion king who gives advice
- Sergio – A pet parrot from the lighthouse
- Rico – A fiction bird
- Foghorn Leghorn
- Little Beeper
- Toucan Sam
- Goodnight Cock
- Gogo dodo
- Clara Cuck
- Little Boss
- Big bird
- Junior Boss
- Little Monster
Naming Peacocks on the base of color
These are more than 15 colors in peafowls but two or three of them are common. Some colors are associated with gender and types. However, naming your peacock on the base of color will extract the exact idea for the name. Here are our suggestions.
- Hydrangea – A beautiful shrub that is common in America and Asia. Hydrangeas are blue in color.
- Pansy – How does this name sound for peahens? Pansy is a beautiful blue color flower that is common in Western Asia and Europe.
- Blue Jay – Blue Jay is a very common bird in Canada.
- Forget Me Not – Another blue color flower that is restricted to Newzealand and western Eurasia.
- Blue Heron – The name is blue heron or ‘’The great blue horn’’ bird that lives around central America or North America.
- Gentian – Bell-shaped blue flower
- Gas Fire – From the color of fire
- Blue Tang – A blue color fish species
- Cloud – From the color of the cloud
- Spider Mum – A beautiful white color flower with narrow petals
- Gardenia – Beautiful white color flowers that are a sign of purity and honesty
- Carnations – They comes in different shades but white is common and carnation is also a sign of honesty and luck
- Mongolia – They show a white layer at blooming times.One of the most beautiful flowers and a sign of dignity. Magnolias are not ornamental but also used in Chinese medicines.
- Fur Fur
- Sweet William
- Blanche – White in the French language
- Byal – White in Serbian
- Valge – White in Estonian
- Blanca – White in Spanish
How to Name your Peacock?
Naming your peacock can be a bit tricky because there are very few birds that resemble peacocks. Their sound, types and body appearance make them unique. They have only three types, two of them from India and one from the African region.
Indian Peacocks: This type is native to Asia and found in India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Indian type has a bright feather combination. You can name them on the base of colors selection.
Green Peacock: Javanese or Green peacocks are native to the Indonesian Island of Java. They have the same appearance as Indian but large in shape.
Congo Peacock: A recent discovery in the Congo basin. They are very rare and resemble Indian except female has dapple green or brown color.
Naming on the base of Personality: There is a gender appearance difference between male and female. Male names should be badass and female names are cute.
Take Ideas from Dinsey Characters: Enlist all bird Disney characters and pick a name for your pet. There are few peacocks appeared in Disney but fellow birds name can be used. Read some Disney character names for the goose that can help you to get ideas.
Find from Nature: You can find names from nature. Like if you want to pick a name for a blue peacock, enlist all blue things from nature.
We can easily find a name for our bird filtering for the best one is hard. We enlisted all names which can help you with selection. After the selection of a name, the next step is to train peacocks to respond to this name. Giving names make a strong bond with the owner. Use food or treats to attract and call their name while feeding.
That is all about naming peacocks, if you have any innovative idea, drop in comments and we will add in the above list.