Farming Base (farmingbase.com) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This site also participates in other affiliate programs and is compensated for referring traffic and business to them.
Farming Base is well received by its audience. We may earn affiliate commissions if you purchase through our blog. Learn More
Looking for the best shear for alpacas? It is easy to get confused with all the options available. A multitude of factors goes into deciding the best shears for alpacas. There is nothing to worry about as you will find a list of quality shears here.
Choosing the best shears for alpacas is quite important for the farm and the flock, so, here are some of the best animal clippers available to help you with your shearing needs.
Best Shear For Alpacas Reviews
- Best Overall: Speed Sheep Shears Ele
- Runner Up: TAKEKIT Professional Electric Clippers
- Multi-Function: BEETROOT Electric Professional Sheep Shears
- Best Speed Control: Drago 2021 Upgraded Sheep Clippers
- Reduced Vibration: Pet HQ 380W Sheep Shears Electric Clipper
- Cheap in Price: Sheep Shears Electric Shearing Clippers
1. Speed Sheep Shears Electric Clippers
This electric clipper is perfect for shearing alpacas and other livestock. It is widely trusted by most alpaca owners for its clipping services.
It is lightweight, compact, good-looking, and comfortable to handle. The shear will work quietly without causing any disturbance to the people.
Motor – It has all copper wire motor which requires 110 Voltage to operate. The high-power motor provides sufficient power and speed for faster and efficient shearing. If the motor gets too hot, turn it off, and use it again after an hour or so.
Blade – The tough blades are hard, abrasion-resistant, and have a sharp edge. You can adjust the blade as per the wool thickness. Rotate it clockwise to tighten it and counter-clockwise to make it lose.
Speed – You will be delighted to know that it has 6-speed control to adjust the speed as per the requirement. Its cutting speed ranges between 0 to 2800 RPM.
Application – Use it to clip sheep, goats, cattle, horses, alpaca, llamas, horses, cattle, large and medium dogs, and other thick-coated animals.
- Scissors handle structure
- 80 DB noise
- Comes with a 5M long cable
- Can be used for a lot of animals
- Gets hot quickly
2. TAKEKIT Professional Electric Animal Grooming Clippers
This powerful, heavy-duty alpaca shear is used professionally to cut and clip large animals. It can not be used on small pets, better suited for big animals.
It can knock down thick coats and tough mats in no time at all. This clipper has a high-quality build and blade which are sharp enough to tackle the tough clipping jobs.
Motor – The heavy-duty full copper motor requires 110V to operate. The powerful motor cuts and clips the dirtiest and thickest coats without any hassle or complaints.
Blade – The sharp blade is made of the highest quality steel to ensure longevity. It can cut coats quickly and efficiently preventing cutting and jabbing.
Multi-Speed – It has a high speed of 2400 RPM, Low speed (1-3) offers precise cutting for sensitive areas whereas high speed (4-6) ensures faster trims and body shave.
Wide Scope of Application – This multi-purpose animal trimmer can cut and shear all wool sheep, alpacas, llamas, and large thick coat animals. Irrespective of the type of fleece, it cuts efficiently and fastly.
- Detachable upper and lower blades
- Rotatable button to adjust the tension of the blade
- 6 speeds control with highly efficient copper motor
- Easy to maneuver
- Loud and gets hot within a few minutes
3. BEETROOT 500W Electric Professional Sheep Shears
Beetro is used to clip several kinds of wool and fleece on large animals. It is one of the best animal clippers available currently and even Amazon agrees.
This animal grooming clipper is making it easier for professionals and amateurs to cut and clip without much help. It can be easily operated with a helpful user manual.
Motor – Powered by the heavy-duty duty which has a power of 500 watts and provides cutting speed up to 2400 RPM. The powerful motor improves efficiency and helps in easier shearing large thick-coated animals like sheep, goats, llamas, and alpacas.
Blades – It has an adjustable, straight 13-teeth blade crafted from high-grade steel. The durable blade material makes them tough, hard, and heat resistant increasing their service lifespan.
Adjustable Speed – With a speed control button, adjust between six different speeds. High and low speed helps the trimmer adjust according to the clipping area. Low speed ranges between 1-3 whereas high speed ranges between 4-6.
Carrying Case – It comes packed in a carrying case with different compartments to house different clipping accessories. The clipper can be easily packed and stored in the case for easy portability.
- Rotating speed 0-2400 rpm/min
- 72 dB noise emission
- High hardness and heat resistance
- Multi-functional and speed adjustable
- Straight 13-teeth blade for efficient shearing
- Speed control button
- On/Off switch for easy starting
- Can not be used on pets
- Starts heating
4. Drago 2021 Upgraded Sheep Clippers
This clipper from Dragro is perfect for professional and amateur animal groomers. It has increased efficiency to finish the clipping job faster without putting in much effort.
Even with the wooly breeds, you will be done in minutes. The upgraded edition with the ultimate combination of sharp blades and powerful motor makes it ideal for all the alpaca shearing needs.
Motor – It features a 500-watt high-power full copper motor requiring 110V to operate. The powerful design knockdown thick and dirty coats in a matter of minutes saving you a lot of time to do other tasks.
Speed – The powerful motor has a rotating speed of 2400 RPM per minute. It has an adjustable 6 speeds control feature allowing you to change speed as you want. Low speed (1-3) can be adjusted when clipping the narrow and sensitive areas whereas (4-6) high-speed clips at a faster rate.
Blade – It has a detachable blade that works efficiently without hurting the alpaca’s body. The tightness of the blade can be adjusted as per the need. It makes shearing smoother without hurting the wool quality.
Ventilation – The regular cleaning of the ventilation filter extends the life of the trimmer by many years. The filter is removable for easier cleaning.
- Ideal for goats, llamas, alpacas, and other thick coat animals
- Multiple speed control
- Comes with a 16-feet wear-resistant power cord
- Sharp and tough detachable blades
- Need to be extra careful as the blades are too sharp and get overheated quickly
5. Pet & Livestock HQ 380W Sheep Shears Electric Clipper
Pet & Livestock does not just sell products for profit but provides quality, animal-friendly tools causing no trouble to the animal and the operator.
Most alpaca owners consider this clipper the ultimate tool for shearing wool. It is powerful and tackles any type of wool or fleece with ease minus the nicks and cuts.
Motor – Powered by balanced, heavy-duty 380W motor with aluminum head to provide durability and longevity. Equipped with airflow vents to prevent overheating and keep the blades cool.
Blade – Unlike most shears, it has skin-safe blades to save innocent alpacas from cuts, nicks, jams, and burns. A buyer also gets a spare set of the blade with a smooth bottom comb design. The blades safely cut and clip wool without hurting the animal.
Low Fatigue – It is not always about the power or efficiency, a professional shearer is like a tool that causes less fatigue. It is perfect for the fastest shearing, also, the rugged polymer body reduces vibration while giving you a steady grip.
Application – The clipper cuts off shearing time by hours, it can be used on all livestock including Sheep, Goats, Lambs, Llamas, and Alpacas.
- Designed for faster shearing
- Comes with a long 18.3 feet cord for easier mobility
- Has a carrying case for portability
- Easy-to-follow user manual
- Reduced vibration
- Low-quality blades
- Only meant for smaller clipping jobs
6. Sheep Shears Pro 110V 500W Professional Heavy Duty Electric Shearing Clippers
We conclude our list with this professional clipper for shaving fur wool in sheep, goats, alpacas, llamas, cattle, and farm livestock pets.
It is a powerful trimming wool equipment that ensures fast shearing without hurting the wool. These precision scissors can be used by professional and amateur animal groomers.
Motor – The professional electric shear has a 550W motor power to withstand the toughest clipping jobs and thickest wool. A high-quality copper wire motor provides sufficient power to finish shearing jobs faster. Effective heat dissipation design protects the motor and blade from overheating.
Blades – Equipped with high-quality original blades for easy and quick cutting. The blade tension rotatable button allows you to adjust the tension as per the wool type.
Speed – It has six adjustable speeds to adjust the speed according to the proficiency and shearing area. Even amateurs can practice shearing at a low speed. Fast speed should be reserved for professionals only.
Save Time – The efficient design saves a lot of time and you can clip 2 to 3 alpacas in an hour without causing much fatigue.
- Includes many important accessories in the shear kit
- Ideal for long-haired animals
- Powerful copper motor
- Lightweight and portable
- Rear air intake port
- Hard to maneuver
- Suitable for a small flock
Things to Consider When Buying a Shear For Alpacas
As it stands, many factors contribute to making a clipper the best one in the business. If you are not aware, give these factors due importance when investing in a clipper
- Power – An exceptional shearing tool must have enough motor power to cut with less heating. If it has less power, a shearer would have to take many breaks to let the tool cool down. Consider a tool between 320 and 380 wattage to get the job done.
- RPM – The higher the RPM, the quicker the shearing. So, make sure the RPM is high, generally, around or above 2400 RPM to finish the job quickly and easily.
- Blades – For most shearers, it all comes down to blades. Most people prefer detachable and adjustable blades to adjust the blade tension as per the fleece. The blade should also be sharp enough and made of high-quality material.
- Vibration – If you do not want to get tired while shearing, look for a tool with less noise and vibration. The tool with reduced vibration allows steady grip.
- Weight – Most users prefer lighter tools as they are easy to maneuver. Heavier tools are difficult to operate and cause fatigue and frustration.
- Price – It goes without saying that it is one of the most important factors. Look for shears with many features at an affordable price.
In brief, choose from any of the clippers given in the list and start shearing the alpacas. These are quality tools that will provide the best clipping services.